Re: Two instances with same SID in a same machine

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:01:10 GMT

Firehawk® wrote:

> Is it possible ?
> I am debating this question with a job partner.
> My opinion is if I use two diferents Oracle users like oracleA and
> oracleB and make two instalations wholly separated, it's possible and to
> attach to instances use differents listeners ports.
> Am I correct ?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcelo

You do not seem to understand that the initial listening port is only used for the Listener. After the listener has answered, the actual database communication with the instance _may_ be on a completely different port .... remember that one Listener can support several instances.

Two people caled Marcelo in the same room. Someone yells 'Hey Marcelo, come here' - which one is supposed to answer?

/Hans Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 19:01:10 CDT