Re: how to handle updates to millions of rows

From: Peter Mueller <lord.of.board_at_gmx.de>
Date: 26 Aug 2004 02:24:59 -0700

Unfortunately I do not have access to changing rollback segments, as I am just another developer and not a DBA. I already asked the DBA, but he told me, that the same things mentioned in other answeres: Do not update rows, which the cursor relies on, if the cursor is really big. He suggested the
FORALL statement, but I really can't think of a way to apply it in this context.