Oracle 10g required services

From: jlopes <jlopes151_at_COMCAST.NET>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 20:09:01 -0700

I downloaded 10g to my home machine to get familiar with Oracle's DBMS, installed it to Red Hat Linux Enterprise v3. There were no problems with the install. Everything went occurding to script the problem comes up if the machine is shut down and started. None of the required services are started and there is nothing in the docs indicating what should be run and how.

I got a call from Oracle sales and they were good enough to direct me to an install tech who was to e-mail the steps required. The tech gave the impression that the e-mail would come soon haven't seen the e-mail.

So my question is has anyone else solved this problem? Is this Oracles way to get new users to buy support?

Thanks for any help Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 22:09:01 CDT