Re: Help with comparing two databases (a newbie? question)

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:23:31 +1000

Andrzej wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to compare two databases/schemas from different servers.
> Unfortunately the database names are the same.

> Does anybody know how to do
> it using OEM? Oracle wants to have different database names.
> I'm using Oracle 9i 9.2.0.5.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Andrzej Urbanowicz

A couple of ideas. If you simply do it at the command line, provided your tnsnames.ora contains two different aliases, Oracle (the client) couldn't give a stuff about whether the database names are identical.

But you mention wanting to use OEM. OEM only knows about databases because the Intelligent Agent on a node tells it about them. And the Intelligent Agent only knows about what exists because of static declarations of SIDs in the SID_LIST section of the listener.ora.

So if you were to modify your listener.oras, and reference the two databases with unique SIDs... and if having done that you were to stop/start or reload your listeners.... and if having done that you were to stop/start your Intelligent Agents... and finally if you were to Refresh Nodes... you should find that different databases are identified and visible in OEM.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 07:23:31 CDT