Linux - Oracle 9i rel. 2 and OCFS

From: AST1200 <ast1200_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:32:37 -0600

Few days ago I finish setting up Oracle 9i 2 node RAC on RHES 2.1, I use HP MSA1000, but isn't subject of this message.

Before I started setting up RAC I did some resource regarding file systems for use Oracle with Linux. On oracle site I found some links showing comparison between ext2, ext3 and OCFS. Since ocfs isn't using kernel buffers performance is almost this same as raw partition and using ocfs it's possible format volume with block size up to 1MB (default and recommended by Oracle is 128kB). I have to setup one more server 9i without RAC and I'm wondering if I will get performance increase using OCFS (without RAC) instead ext3. I don't want use raw partition - big pain with backing up and limitation up to 255 raw partition / system in Linux environment.

I don't have time to make real life testing and it's the reason why I'm posting this message.
Do anybody have experience with 9i (no RAC) and OCFS combo ?

Thank you,
-AST  -----= Posted via Newsfeed.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----                    Received on Sat Aug 21 2004 - 18:32:37 CDT