Re: oracle accessing harddisk permanently

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:34:04 +0200

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:54:30 +0200, "Mark" <Scollop027_at_gmx.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>running an 8.1.5 under nt4 with 192MB ram Oracle has one instance ORACLE.EXE
>with 50MB and the harddisk is "clicking" one a second; it stops after oracle
>stops running. The Database contains just 4 tables with under 20 columns and
>under 100 records alltogether.
>
>How I can avoid oracle accessing the harddisk permanently ?
>
>regards
>Mark

obviously this is completely insufficient information to work with. 8.1.5 has been desupported for quite some time, but even in the 8.1.5 era a server with 192 Mb Ram was considered a sick joke. 512 M is about the minimum.
Then no doubt you didn't do anything to set it up properly at all, so you must stil be using those 50k online redolog files. And you are still surprised Oracle accesses the disk continuously? What else would you have expected?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA