RMAN - Recover the recovery catalog

From: Latyr <latyr_dev-asupprimer-_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:41:32 +0200

Hi

Talking with a friend of mine with some knowledge in Oracle, I have been quite surprise to learn that it is possible from Oracle9i to recover the RMAN catalog even if it lost completely (DRP).

He told me that with the autobackup controlfile, I may be able to recreate the catalog as I can ask rman to recover from the autobackup control file and spfile, all the registered database and to recover as well my backup et backupset information.

Does anybody knows a link that explain that ?

Thanks Received on Sat Aug 21 2004 - 09:41:32 CDT