Re: dbms_stats

From: Romeo Olympia <rolympia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2004 18:58:54 -0700

(1) Need more information. Versions (server and client) and anything else you could supply that might be helpful. (2) Is the Procedural Option installed in the database? Submit

    select * from v$version;

and see if PL/SQL shows up. You get this error if you don't have that. (Metalink note).

(3) Are you running this as a SQLPLUS line (execute) or as a PL/SQL block? Coz if it's just a SQLPLUS command and it's more than one line then you need to append the hyphen '-' (continuation character). Although that would give another error message. All speculation so please copy and paste the exact thing you ran and messages you got.

(4) And lastly, I think PERCENT_ESTIMATE parameter name should be ESTIMATE_PERCENT. (at least in 9i). (That would also give another error message).

Cheers.