Re: Sun /etc/system Best Practices

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:52:44 GMT

Michael wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After reading the Oracle 8.17 Sun Sparc 64-bit install docs I am still
> uncertain as to the ALL the required entries and best values.
>
> Can anyone share the values you use for your Sun Solaris 8 /etc/system
> file?
>
> Your comments on why you chose them would be invaluable too. :-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Check the release notes that came with your Oracle installation, and the OS-specific docs. You say you did, so I guess what you see is what you get. ;-)

Here's an example. Does 64-bit have any effect on these settings vs. 32-bit? No warranty expressed or implied.

set semsys:seminfo_semmni=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=2000
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=128
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=10

Isn't Unix a pain? :-) The Linux flavor uses a significantly different way to specify the same info.

-Mark Bole Received on Wed Aug 18 2004 - 19:52:44 CDT