Re: Heavy Duty schema manager tool? (was Re: DBA Jobs)

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2004 15:58:13 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1092446858.41971_at_yasure>...

> Please tell me specifically what is wrong with each of the following 10g
> tools:
>
> 1. ASM
> 2. AWR
> 3. ADDM
> 4. Grid Control
> 5. RDA
I don't have any experience with those tools. But, from what I've read about RAC here, and what I've experienced with OAS10g, I would expect there are issues about instances (whatever _they_ are these days) spending an inordinate amount of time communicating with each other rather than actually getting the information the user wants and giving it to him. So I would like to know if those tools have any way of telling me what exactly is going on. From what I've seen of EM10g ASC, I don't have high expectations...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Make big money.  http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8054