Re: parameterized views

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2004 07:28:12 -0500

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, ernest_at_gesora.com wrote:

>> I don't know what your problem is. You asked for
>> parameterized views. Maybe you could step back and just tell
>> us what it is you are trying to do.
>
> Ok, maybe(initially) I didn't explain myself very clear, but
> that doensn't matter because in my previous post I changed a
> litle the subject of this thread.

But you don't seem to understand that how you have changed your question makes we want to help you in a different way. If you are confused as you ask your question then maybe you aren't clear on your problem.

> I was asking to you : "Galen, please tell me if the following
> "template" could be good for creating a tabel function : ..."
>
> Putting in other words, the "model" I presented in my previous
> post could be good for a function that wants to return a
> resultset/table ?

Here again, I'm confused. Why would I know that your "model" is good for anything but you? Are you asking

  1. Is my model good for my specific problem domain?
  2. Is my model a solid generic way to for a function to return a resultset/table?

Hm...

If #1, then what is your problem?

If #2, what is wrong with just following Oracle's documentation?

--
Galen Boyer