Re: DBA Jobs

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:31:04 -0400

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:08:43 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> So those who think they can still be command line DBAs ... wake up
> and smell the alphabet soup (ASM, ADDM, GRID, OEM, etc.).

Speaking of the alphabet soup, here is some more: BS. IBM was the company that started the whole "paperless office" craze. The full 30 years after the mighty IBM has coined the phrase, paper industry is thriving on the sales of computer paper, and has never felt better. If I am not mistaken, they've handed a client OS for what they have nicknamed "smart terminals" to a small company in a suburb of Seattle, WA. Please, don't try scaring with IBM visions. Usually, exactly the opposite of what IBM visionaries foretell will happen. If they start talking about the paperless office again, I'll make sure to buy as many shares of the International Paper Inc. as I can afford.

--
A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.