index datafile recovery help

From: Ste <schen88_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 21:31:16 -0400

Hi,

I have a disk failure and an index datafile associated with index tablespace is lost. There is no backup of this datafile.

I manage to have database started by removing entry of this datafile from controlfile. But since there is no replacement of it, there is no way to recover it. I get a missing file error on v$recovery_file after database is open and the file is indicated on other directory ../dns/missing00006. It can not be offline dropped.

Though I can drop data tablespace along with index tablespace, or drop some schema along with constraints, and imp back data and index after disk is replaced, I wonder if there is another better way to get the index tablespace drop without big action.

Please comment.

Thanks a lot,

Ste Received on Sat Aug 07 2004 - 20:31:16 CDT