upgrade oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2, with backup filesystem

From: yls177 <yls177_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2004 03:41:28 -0700

hi, i am in the midst of doing an oracle update as suggested by my subject post. In addition, i am thinking of doing a copy of all my sapdata, /oracle/SID and related files, directories to another place. This is so that when my upgrade fails, i can always copy these "copied stuff" back and i get my oracle 8.1.7 back instantly.

what is your opinion? Received on Sun Jul 25 2004 - 05:41:28 CDT