Re: Control File Sequential Read - top wait

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 23:27:46 -0700

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<moCLc.77219$bp1.39462_at_twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> "Dusan Bolek" <pagesflames_at_usa.net> wrote in message news:1e8276d6.0407210149.4e329eeb_at_posting.google.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm encountering problem that I have never seen before. According to
> > Statspack report, control file sequential read wait is one of the top
> > one waits (on Monday first, Tuesday second, today third) and roughly
> > has the same total wait time as db file sequential read. Average wait
> > is 4ms, but there is many of them.
> Just a wild guess: http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/event_10359.htm
>
> Anurag

Thanks, Anurag. This is an interesting point, but I do not think that this is the case. I have checked in the database and there are no NOLOGGING LOBs with expection of two system ones and one in an empty table. However, it is good to know for the future.

Dusan Received on Fri Jul 23 2004 - 01:27:46 CDT