Re: 10046 Trace Overhead

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:36:53 -0400

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:22:34 +0000, Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> I am working on a tome about how the
> cost based optimizer works - Volume 1
> may be complete by the end of the end.

I'll be waiting for your new book in the Milliways restaurant. I'm rather disappointed that there will be no sequel, "Practical Oracle 8i" is one of the most treasured items on my shelf. Anyone who would want to take it, will have to pry it from my cold, dead hand. Jonathan, you should move to Hollywood! They always make a sequel! I'm keenly awating LOTR 4, "Sauron is back!", with Arnie playing the title role. "Lethal Weapon" had 4 sequels and you cannot even muster one?

--
A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.