Import\Export 101 Questions

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 14:10:51 -0700

Hello,

I must say first that you Oracle members here are very helpful and I really appreciate all your time, advice and patience on helping me get up-to-speed on Oracle! :-)

I have a few questions on Exporting and Importing using Oracle 8.17 on a Sun Solaris 8 system.

  1. How can I determine the size an export file will be prior to running exp? I am concerned about disk space capacity.

2a. When performing an Import (imp) of a set of tables how can I specify to overwrite existing tables (and Indexes)? Is this done automatically?

2b. On table imports do you need to rebuild the corresponding Indexes?  If yes would that be something like: ALTER TABLE REBUILD INDEX <indexname>?

Thanks,

Michael Received on Thu Jul 22 2004 - 16:10:51 CDT