indirect SQL execution - kind of 'backquoting'

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 08:52:11 GMT

I must admit, I'm not very familar with SQL. I was trying to empty a database instance from all tables that were created by a specific creator using

select ' drop table' || name || ';' from sys.systables where creator='SOMEONE' ;

The output of that command, when executed, produces the desired result.

Is there a way to "backquote" this commans, i.e. like in a Unix shell, as you are doing something like rm `cat file` and file contains a list of files.

By now I'm redirecting this to another file and grep through it to fish out the drop commands.

I'm sure there are more elegant methods.