Re: Linker concerns while installing and distributing to other machines - patching later

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:17:27 -0400

I am not advising anyone to ignore the support issue, which I believe was covered elsewhere in this thread.
I'm not sure what you find unprofessional about using "dd" to clone systems, as its also often used for backing up raw partitions, as well as file systems, etc.
If you don't like the information that I am providing, you don't need to use it, but other folks may find it useful. Note also that I am not providing any form of warranty here, so YMMV, etc...

--Peter