Hetrogeneous Services

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 08:14:38 -0700

Hello all,

in the 8i Net Admin guide it states :
"Hetrogeneous Services are an integrated component within the Oracle Server, and provides the generic technology for accessing non-Oracle systems from the Oracle server. Hetrogeneous Services enable you to use Oracle to transparently access data stored in non-Oracle systems as if the data resides within an Oracle server"

Has anyone ever managed this ?
I am looking to acess MS Sqlserver from within Oracle.

Also, the Oracle server is 8i, but will hopefully be moving to 9i, but I can't find reference to Hetrogeneous Services in the 9iNet Services Admin guide. Could anyone tell me whether this facility is still supported ?

Thanks in advance,
Neil. Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 10:14:38 CDT