Export Problem

From: Anders <ahansen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 06:41:39 -0700

I am by no means a DBA so forgive me if this is a simple question. I am attempting to run an export against my Oracle database. When doing so I get the following:

Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
server uses WE8MSWIN1252 character set (possible charset conversion) Note: grants on tables/views/sequences/roles will not be exported

About to export specified users ...
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user GDTMN_MNBUILD
. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms
. exporting private type synonyms
. exporting object type definitions for user GDTMN_MNBUILD

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

Looking through the newsgroups I have found that catexp.sql needs to be run in order to enable export. So, I ran this file as SYSDBA, however my export is still not working. I then found some indication that catalog.sql may need to be ran again? I just wanted to make sure that this made sense and check that running catalog.sql would not "in theory" affect my existing data in the database. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 08:41:39 CDT