Archive Log Problem

From: rc <rc_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:38:30 +0100

Hi

We use oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8

Last week I was doing some very large inserts into a table and the file system that hold the archive log because full, so oracle started to complain about not being able to archive the logs !

So, I cleared up some space on the filesystem expecting the server to just carry on from where it left off, bit it did not. The log continually showed that it could not archive the log !.

I got round this by doing a shutdown immediate and startup as normal. That seems to have made the archive the necessary logs and continue as normal

What should have I done other than a shutdown?

Thanks Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 02:38:30 CDT