RMAN DB encoding problem

From: Nick <nick4u_at_wp.pl>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 00:37:39 -0700

Hello. I have a following problem with "Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.1.1 - Production With the Partitioning, and Objects options":O) :

After restar by instaled Enterprise Manager Console ... clients connecting to DB see proper chars encoding (POLISH) .. the problem starts when I use RMAN to backup and then startup DB after start

{
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP MOUNT pfile=SPFILESWDSTDB.ORA;
BACKUP DATABASE;
ALTER DATABASE OPEN;
}

clients see another encoding .. polish chars are shown in unknown encoding ..

Anybody has a hint what is this all about ? Have a nice day :O)

Nick Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 02:37:39 CDT