Re: backup - openVMS 7.3-1 and Oracle 8.1.7

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:37:22 -0400

Hi

My problem with RMAN is cost.

It needs a full blown tape library to run, AFAIK (unless you're willing to first copy to disk using RMAN, then manually backup to tape).

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, because if I could, I sure would use RMAN. At this time I backup to my tape drive. DB size (prod) is 100GB so I can still handle it. I do full backups every day.

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site, en français)