Re: I need help with a Virtual Web Server Issue

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:48:03 GMT

Larry C wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Total Oracle newbie but I would like to know if this can be done.
> We currently have: Oracle 9iAS 9.0.3, Oracle 9 DB 9.0.2 and JVM 1.3.1_02.
> We only have 1 static IP on our DSL line and that points to an app we have
> running on the above server. Can we have another web app run on the same
> server using a virtual server through Apache. So it would look like this
> http://1.2.3.4/app and http://1.2.3.4/demoapp .
>
> I just want to know if it can be done before I start to try and figure it
> out.
>
> Thank You
> LC

been there, done that.

use virtual hosts

example (not real domain names)
www.mydom.com, www.someotherdom.com, www.anotherdom.com all point to the same IP address
multiple SIDS
each web page points to a specific sid.

One oracle client installation
One TNSNAMES.ORA
etc...
piece of cake.

I even have this running on a VMS box via Apache and PHP/OCI8 as well as MySQL.

--
Michael Austin.
Consultant - Available.  Need one???