Forgot the password for scott

From: AK <avinnako_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2004 13:49:10 -0700

Hi all,
I am using oracle 9i on my desktop. While playing with SQL, I modified the password for user scott to something else and forgot it. Is there a way to login as DBA using SQL Plus to modify the password for scott. The problem is, I dont have any knowledge about other accounts on this server, where in I can login and modify the password. I tried logging in as sys/system, but I am unable to login. Can anyone suggest a way (syntax) to login as DBA and modify the password for scott. The system I am using is just a testing machine I am playing with. Thanks in advance.

Vik! Received on Sun Jul 18 2004 - 15:49:10 CDT