Re: Very long "WHERE" list.

From: Waldhausen <wald_no_at_spam_wit.kiev.ua>
Date: 16 Jul 2004 18:45:55 GMT

hello,

near17:34 13-Jul from damorgan_at_x.washington.edu:

> ctcgag_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >>How many mistakes did you make?
> >
> >None.
>
> Nonsense. Pure unadulterated nonsense.

Judge yourself:

Backspace is too small - I can't hit. And when I hit in there nothing to happen (maybe too much crumbes although I'm on diet). Delete was taken away by our programmer (his key disappeard one morning) (we call them 2finger). So I have no rights for mistakes!!!

> >>Copied and pasted in a list of 20,000 items? Nonsense!
> >
> >I've done it twice so far today, and it is only 8:14 a.m.

And it's only friday!..

> Given that it is impossible to do this in Oracle how did you accomplish
> it?

there are so many tricks, pretty...

> >>But the simple solution as I previously posted:
> >>
> >>SELECT *
> >>FROM mytable
> >>WHERE MOD(id, 2) = 1
> >>AND id < 20001;

not so sexy (although all the letters so BIG!!!)

--
Wbr,
Waldhausen (under the idler hat)