Re: Changing Oracle User Passwords

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:09:35 GMT

Michael wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been given a directive to change all our )Oracle 8.17
> passwords. I think this means these accounts: sys,system,sysman.
>
> I have been able to change the sys and system passwords running
> $ORACLE_HOME\bin\oradim as follows:
>
> oradim -EDIT -SID <sid name> -INTPWD <password>
>
> From the command line, how can I change the password that OEM uses
> (both standalone and using OMS).
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Michael

For sys and system (or any other database user) a simple "alter user <your_user> identified by <your_new_password>" would have sufficed.

I don't believe that sysman is an actual database user in your oem repository, and will have to be changed from within the oem itself.

hth Received on Sat Jul 10 2004 - 12:09:35 CDT