Re: Changing Oracle User Passwords

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:08:41 +0200

On 10 Jul 2004 09:45:52 -0700, melliott42_at_yahoo.com (Michael) wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I have been given a directive to change all our )Oracle 8.17
>passwords. I think this means these accounts: sys,system,sysman.
>
>I have been able to change the sys and system passwords running
>$ORACLE_HOME\bin\oradim as follows:
>
>oradim -EDIT -SID <sid name> -INTPWD <password>
>
>From the command line, how can I change the password that OEM uses
>(both standalone and using OMS).
>
>Thanks very much,
>
>Michael

Actually using oradim doesn't change the sys password, and it definitely doesn't change the SYSTEM password. It changes the internal password.
However when you use ALTER user sys identified by ... and remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive, this changes BOTH the sys password AND the internal password.
The sysman password can only be changed in oem.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA