Re: Autostart Oracle DB 9.x on united Linux Suse 9.0

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2004 13:10:46 -0700

jri_at_doneware.de (Jochen) wrote in message news:<9331ca31.0407090020.16714589_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello everybody,
>
> first sorry for my bad englisch. I am a newbie in Linux and Oracle. I
> red much postings of my problem, but i didnīt find an answer.
>
> Can somebody say, how i start the oracle database by startup the
> system? I attempt many ways to do it, but nothing have a positive
> result.
>
> Now i think i will write a script, that will do that and the script
> will start by startup.
>
> Have somebody a sample script to start the oracel server? Is there
> another way to do that?

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/post-inst.htm#sthref548

You might also want to add /usr/local/bin scripts to stop other things like the listener and agent so you don't have to shutdown abort when you are doing maintenance.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040709/news_1b9g2.html