Re: Recovery Issue

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:48:38 -0700

tjo wrote:

> Recently I received a system that had 3 partitions C, D, E. The
> operating system was on the C partition and the Oracle database
> (8.1.7) was on the E partition. The Operating system had major issues
> and was unable to boot, so I formatted the C partition and loaded
> Windows 2000.
>
> Nothing was done to E partition, if I wanted to install Oracle on the
> D partition would it be possible to recover the data from E? If so,
> how would I go about accomplishing this task?

It is possible.

But certainly you don't expect anyone to teach you recovery techniques in a usenet group.

Go to a bookstore and buy a backup-recovery book or research at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

Then ask questions to clarify what you've read if need be.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jul 06 2004 - 19:48:38 CDT