Re: Does optimizer's behaviour change with this ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2004 02:39:45 -0700

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:
> Is it the SGA much larger? You may be running into the "must do
> more work in the SGA because some data constructs are now much
> larger" issue.
>
> And of course, what else have you changed? Are you using OPS?
We're not using OPS. I forgot to precise that we also switched from 4K-big blocks to 16K.

> and etc and etc.) If the cpu's are not 100% all the time, there
> may not even be a problem - are things running faster?
Oo yes !, incredibly faster, the client is happy: but as they pay their license on a CPU-consumption basis, they're now... complaining they're going to pay too much and want our team to keep on tuning to reduce this CPU usage... Received on Mon Jul 05 2004 - 04:39:45 CDT