Re: Manuell deleted Datafile

From: Dave <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:40:30 GMT

"Mario Koch" <m.koch_at_md-netz.de> wrote in message news:cc79b8$n4r$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> I have manually deleted a datafile (.dbf) from the oracle database. Now
the
> database never start.
> What can I do to correct these problem ? This was a tablespace for
testing
> and it can complete delete from database.
>
> and others:
> Whow can i delete a datafile from a tablespace with sql-comand.
>
> greetings mario

Well if you dont need it, do this

shutdown the database

startup mount

alter database datafile 'full_path_to_data_file' offline drop;

alter database open;

drop tablespace xxx (where xx is the tablespacename the data file was part of)

I sincerely hope this wasnt system_01.dbf or something like that or you are screwed.

You can't delete a datafile from anywhere, you have to drop the tablespace it is part of

you can do this by doing drop tablespace xxx including contents and datafiles; (9i) - this will remove the os file for you Received on Sat Jul 03 2004 - 21:40:30 CDT