Re: jdk version - oracle 9i R2 windows

From: eric <oups_at_noop.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:18:02 +0200

"Hans Forbrich" <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> a écrit dans le message de news:KuGEc.58464$E84.18961_at_edtnps89...
> eric wrote:
>

> > I would like to know if there is a way to make only use of JDK 1.3.1 in
> > Oracle 9i R2 for windows.
> > For instance, OEM keeps picking up the 1.1.8 (jrew.exe), despite
jre\1.3.1
> > is first in the path.
> >
> > Any info most appreciated,
> >
> > Eric
>
> Curious - are you concerned about the OEM operation or some of your own
> stuff?
>
> (As I understand it, OEM requires 1.1.8 to run properly, so attempting to
> override that might not be a good idea.)

I think 1.3.1 brings more stability, and besides, one great "benefit" of Java besides its multi-platform support is that there comes one version for every product you install. But why does Oracle install 2 and uses the now obsolete 1.1.8, not supported by Sun if I am not mistaken ?

I would have espected some flags to be able to use JDK1.3.1 for OEM. I tried to remove the 1.1.8 with UI, seemed to be possible, but then I got many dependencies that made this impossible.

Maybe can you give me some reasons ?

Eric Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 17:18:02 CDT