Re: [RMAN] backups are in another place

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:16:40 +1000

> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to restore a rman backup
> > in another machine in a different location.
> >
> > The backup was done to D:\backup (no catalog )
> > and I have no D:\ drive in the new machine.
> > The restore command search a D:\backup
> >
> > How can I can change it to C:\backup for example ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > oracle 8.1.7
> > windows 2000
> >

> Have a look at section "Moving the Target Database to a New Host with a
Different File System"
> in "Recovery Manager User's Guide and Reference", url:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76990/rmanreco.htm#443287

That will let you use a known backup to restore to a new location. Our original poster wants to restore to the same location, but use a backup that has *itself* moved since it was taken. So that bit of documentation is not going to help him.

Unless, of course, I have misunderstood the original post.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 17:16:40 CDT