Re: Package Compilation Problem

From: Quantarc <info_at_quantarc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:56:53 +0100

Christian Antognini wrote:

> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
>

> "Quantarc" <info_at_quantarc.co.uk> wrote in message
>

>>oh man it works!  i have lots of other packages with procedures that use
>>'open mycur for' and the argument i gave there was always just a seelct
>>statement, not in a string at all.  and this always worked...  is there
>>any reason why this should have been different this time??
>>
>>anyways, thanx a lot for the help!
>>:D
>>
>>rod.

> Rod
>
> You are right, I just check it! I'm used to this type of cursor only with
> dynamic SQL... therefore my answer...
>
> The problem is probably that you cannot access the table OPS_HD_M with the
> user you use to create the package. Of course if a string is used as
> parameter the check is performed at runtime... therefore you have no error.
>
> Chris

hmm, i'm pretty sure i used the same user to create the table and the package. this is the only account i use for this database, and it's a DBA account. but ur probably right, like i said, i'm pretty new to oracle so i've probably made mistakes along the way.

now if only i can figure out how to write *ANYTHING* in PL/SQL, heh!

thanx again.
rod. Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 07:56:53 CDT