oracle9i preformance on WIndows Server

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2004 10:59:01 -0700

My managemnt wants to use Windows servers instead of UNIX servers to save costs. LINUX is not an option because my data center does not support it. We are looking into buying HP's ProLiant G2 BL20p model of servers. It has 2 CPU's. We will get maximum memory of 8GB.

We may get 1 or 2 internal drives. My database is not that big ~10GB. However, 100 of users will be concurrently accessing it. Also, it will be used for OLTP as well as for reporting.

I have not worked with Windows server earlier. Are there benchmarks avaiable for WIindows server vs HP UNIx servers. I have nothing against using Windows Servers, just want to make sure performnace will not be an issue.

Thank you.

Prem Received on Sat Jun 26 2004 - 12:59:01 CDT