Re: Global Temporary Taable

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:46:51 GMT

Neil wrote:

> However, I want to drop the table after the cursor is
> returned.

Please explain WHY you want to DROP the table.

If I understand Oracle's intent properly, GTTs are intended to have a permanent definition, supplied by the DBA ideally ONCE in the life of the database). The term TEMP is relative to the data, not the definition.

Without understanding your requirements, to me it appears that your design is fundementally in conflict with the intent and implementation of temp tables.

/Hans Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 13:46:51 CDT