Global Temporary Taable

From: Neil <neil_at_blueslate.net>
Date: 25 Jun 2004 10:47:08 -0700

I am using a global temporary table with "on commit preserve rows" in order to pass a ref cursor back to the calling program. The data is returning fine. However, I want to drop the table after the cursor is returned. If I insert a drop table statment inside of the procedure I am getting the following error:

ORA-14452: attempt to create, alter or drop an index on temporary table already in use. If I close the session and go through TOAD I can see the table but still can't drop it. I get the same error.

I've researched via the internet and understand in a perfect environment a "real" table is the way to go. However, receiving strong pushback from the customer.

Thanks For your help Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 12:47:08 CDT