Re: tough choices

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:05:33 +1000

Blair Adamache apparently said,on my timestamp of 23/06/2004 1:20 PM:

> SQL is a beautiful language because it is so simple: 9 verbs. 4 to
> manipulate data, 3 to define the tables, and 2 to control access (GRANT and
> REVOKE). Who would want more? Only a consultant who relies on an RDBMS that
> is overly complex and generates lots of billable hours - perhaps even a
> teaching position at an august academy of learning.

Actually the SQL standard defines rather more than just those.... But let's allow that one to pass.
As for the hours, it all depends on how much one charges. Some companies with less need for complexity charge their "experts" at rates of up to 2500/day. We rather charge a lot less. It all evens out.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto