Re: tough choices

From: Blair Adamache <badamache_at_nospamtodaysiryahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:20:24 -0400

SQL is a beautiful language because it is so simple: 9 verbs. 4 to manipulate data, 3 to define the tables, and 2 to control access (GRANT and REVOKE). Who would want more? Only a consultant who relies on an RDBMS that is overly complex and generates lots of billable hours - perhaps even a teaching position at an august academy of learning.