Re: 9.2 RAC on w2k VM problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:37:30 +1000

"zhix" <zmilos_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:c59f4459.0406230327.d1a7070_at_posting.google.com...
> Thanks Howard,
> your instructions were excellent, although I had to add stuff
> like srvconfig -init and start gsd in "foreground" (gsd.bat)
> to make dbca go trough (found some hints on metalink)..

You shouldn't have had to. Those instructions were written, verbatim, as I clicked and typed on a VM in front of me. If there were steps like that needed to make it work, I would have mentioned them. Before the stuff went on the website, I got a never-touched-Oracle-before and, frankly, not-terribly-good-at-using-a-computer-in-general friend to read through it all, and follow it every step of the way, without asking me for clarification on anything. He had a working RAC within an hour-and-a-half.

Certainly, srvconfig -init is needed in a non-Windows environment. But it's definitely, 100%, not needed for Windows. Intriguing as to why you found otherwise. That might explain why I've never had the every-5-minutes-100%-CPU-usage problem either.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 06:37:30 CDT