How to i check how often my redo logs switch??

From: Edwinah63 <edwinah_at_customercare.com.au>
Date: 20 Jun 2004 23:07:30 -0700

Hi everyone,

hopefully easy questions!

i have read in an Oracle manual that redo logs should be sized to switch approx every 30 mins. unfortunately, said manual did not say how to check how often it is switching.

How do i check:
* how often my redo logs switch?

for the first 2 questions which logs, system views or tables do i check and what info in them am i looking for?

Also, can anyone recommend a good clear reference on how to tune an oracle database? esp one that explains how each attribute affects the performance, and what the ideal ranges are.

i am a newbie oracle dba and have just put a database into production (incorrectly set up no doubt!!!).

the idea of reading the 810 page pdf from Oracle is daunting......

many thanks

Edwinah63 Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 01:07:30 CDT