ORA-00911 on Oracle 10g DBCA during install

From: Andreas Walter <awaltx_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 00:24:26 +0200

Hi there,
I have recently tried to install Oracle 10g on Fedora Core 1 and on Suse 9.0 ( I know, both aren't officially supported, but I've read many statements of people having succeeded in doing so), but on both operating systems, I get twice an ORA-00911 error during database creation via dbca. Database creation finishes with a startable database, but since I have further problems with the Enterprise Manager Database Control, I'm trying to figure out the reason for the ORA-00911s. Can any "wrong" character set settings be the reason? Any helpful idea will be much appreciated. Thanx,
Andreas Walter. Received on Sun Jun 20 2004 - 17:24:26 CDT