Re: OMLETv4 - Configuration Questions

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2004 16:12:05 -0700

rahul_ocp8i_at_hotmail.com (Rahul) wrote in message news:<f8af2f95.0406180806.23884e6e_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Simon,
> >
> > Thank you for your support. Do not bother with the hog wash. Hit
> > ratios are going to out-live the fools you talked about. They must
> > have flunked their OS courses!.
> >
> > I worked in the Sabre group/American Airlines for years as on-call DBA
> > with the greatest DBA's in the world and we chose to deliver various
> > hit ratios to our pagers 24 hours/day. I must admit that ratios are
> > symptyms and you would need to look for causes, etc. But if your son's
> > temp is above 40 degrees ..
>
> What does symptyms mean?

I think it is problems that wymyn have every month.

I must confess, my first reaction to the OP was "huh, how can this guy show such ignorance on this group?" Then I saw hjr's response and thought, "gee, I _was_ taken in like Sybrand." But I didn't say anything 'cause something still kinda bothered me in the back of my brain. Then when the link was posted it all came back. What a laff! (and, where can I get some of those meds? :)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Welcome to San Diego.  Now, go home.