Re: Can't start lsnrctl

From: FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:48:41 GMT

Libraries of your listener are in $ORACLE_HOME/lib. Specifying /usr/lib/oracle/10.1.0.2/client/lib in your ld.so.conf makes ldconfig generate a ld.so.cache which is read before LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So you are forcing your listener to work with libraries in /usr/lib/oracle/10.1.0.2/client/lib instead of the ones in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

A solution could be to have two different users, one which starts the listnere and the other for apache. In this case keep ld.so.config without the line you added and have two different LD_LIBRARY_PATH for user.

Another way is to modify listener.ora adding something like:

(ENVS="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2/lib:/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2/ctx/lib"))

but in this case you could have problems with others oracle binaries who have been compiled dynamically.
(By the way: what's the PATH for your oracle user? Which bynary are you using as lsnrctl? Try with the command "which lsnrctl").

Hopying it will help you

Fabrizio Magni

--

Fabrizio Magni