Re: Can't start lsnrctl

From: Can <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:33:23 GMT

"FM" <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ZVFAc.493326$rM4.20317339_at_news4.tin.it...
> Libraries of your listener are in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
> Specifying /usr/lib/oracle/10.1.0.2/client/lib in your ld.so.conf makes
> ldconfig generate a ld.so.cache which is read before LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> So you are forcing your listener to work with libraries in
> /usr/lib/oracle/10.1.0.2/client/lib instead of the ones in
$ORACLE_HOME/lib.

> A solution could be to have two different users, one which starts the
> listnere and the other for apache. In this case keep ld.so.config
> without the line you added and have two different LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
user.

If I keep ld.so.config without the additional line, and write path names in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable, apache refuses to start. The only way until now, to get apache to start was the ld.so.config file. I just tried it as root: I set the env variable with the command:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/10.1.0.2/client/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

but still apache wouldn't start.
Only if I write the same path in ld.so.config...

> Another way is to modify listener.ora adding something like:

(ENVS="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2/lib:/u01/app/oracle/produ ct/9.2/ctx/lib"))

> but in this case you could have problems with others oracle binaries who
> have been compiled dynamically.

I've tried this right now. Embedded in the SID_DESC entries, I added the right library path, but oracle lsnrctl gave the same error message. These env. variables are only taken into consideration if the listener control utilty tries to start a specific listener. If it just tries to start the binary, they don't seem to influence anything. :-(

> (By the way: what's the PATH for your oracle user? Which bynary are you
> using as lsnrctl? Try with the command "which lsnrctl").

which lsnrctl says:
/usr/local/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin/lsnrctl (It's an Oracle 10g Database)

The PATH env. variable for the oracle user is set to:

PATH=/usr/local/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/l ocal/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin

Thanks for your suggestions ;)

kind regards,
Can Oezdemir Received on Fri Jun 18 2004 - 13:33:23 CDT