Re: What can be the cause for corrupted index?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:27:16 +1000

VM apparently said,on my timestamp of 12/06/2004 2:58 PM:

> I've had 4 cases of database corruption in the last three years 3 of
> them happened on VERITAS file system. The more layers of software
> between ORACLE and the file system the more chances for corruption.

I'd say this is a very good point. I've had many index corruptions over the years. Mainly in versions prior to 8ir3(patched). After that not many. But then again I've not been using anything fancy between Oracle and the disks since then. So there may indeed be a correlation. Makes sense.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto