Re: Creating an RMan\Legato Test Environment

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2004 06:00:46 -0700

Sybrand,

Thanks for the response. That was very useful.

One thought though, it seems Legato will let you create a device as a file, i.e. let you backup to a file rather than taep device. I know RMan does this easily.

From the perspective of creating a test environment to learn how Legato\Rman interact is there any reason RMan would have an issue if Legato's device was set to a file?

I went ahead and configured Legato 6.x device as a file and backed up static files using Legato with no issues. If RMan does not care, this brings another option: I do not have to buy a tape drive to learn Rman\Legato\Tape Backups.

Thanks again for you feedback,

Michael Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 08:00:46 CDT