Re: Creating an RMan\Legato Test Environment

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:44:15 +0200

On 9 Jun 2004 10:40:53 -0700, melliott42_at_yahoo.com (Michael) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>For the purposes of learning how to use RMan with Oracle 8/9 with tape
>backups via Legato I would like to create a test environment.
>
>I am told that a single user license of Legato comes with Oracle9i. I
>am not sure where to start and could use advice on the steps to create
>this environment and making it useable.
>
>My guess is:
>0. Install hardware and backup device.
>1. Install OS (Windows 2000 and Patches etc.).
>2. Install Oracle 9i.
> Is Legato installed by default?
>3. Configure\Test Rman\Legato
> This is where I am clueless and need advice. This is a black hole
>to me.
>

>Thanks for your advice,
>
>Michael

Legato is not installed by default, but can be installed by OUI, as documented in the 'Getting Started' manual.

Configuration of RMAN/Legato is also described in manuals. Basically it boils down to configuring a channel for type 'sbt_tape' with correct nsr environment variables set.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA